In this 90min virtual event, Nexus will dive into the investment landscape and reflect on the impacts and challenges that the past year and the COVID crisis have created within the deals and funding markets.
Leaders and experts from private, not-for-profit and investment sectors will set the scene on the current state of play and share success stories from recent angel and venture capital deals, along with tips and IP essentials for dealmakers, investors and buyers.
The virtual event promises to answer key questions, such as:
- How has the crisis affected SMEs and high growth innovative businesses?
- What are the success stories and opportunities for disruption?
- How can tech-led businesses future proof their approach to funding against future crises?
Welcome and introduction – 10 mins
Panel discussion – 20 mins
Hosted by Taras Lanchev (Founder, Calbot)
• Quickfire lightning panel discussion on the current state of play/burning issues within the investment landscape and deals market.
– Ben Taylor, Associate Director Corporate Finance, KPMG
Breakout sessions – 20 mins
Drilling down into each sector; trends, success stories, opportunities for disruption.
• Breakout Session 1 – VC Investment/Series A
• Breakout Session 2 – Angel/Seed Funding
• Breakout Session 3 – IP essentials for entrepreneurs, dealmakers, investors, buyers
• Breakout Session 4 – Top 10 legal tips for entrepreneurs to get right when fundraising
Q&A – 10 mins
Networking & virtual drinks – 30 mins