Apply for a Translate MedTech Secondment
COVID-19 UPDATE | 26 March 2020
The Translate MedTech secondment scheme is still going ahead, with the deadline for applications being extended until 12 noon, 3 April 2020.
We will be urging all awardees to follow government advice and only start their secondments when appropriate to do so. If you have any questions, queries or concerns, please get in touch with Mohua Siddique.
Researchers developing medical technologies can apply for support and funding to gain fresh insights from new environments.
Translate MedTech has funding to support up to 10 secondments to enable researchers to temporarily take up a role in a complementary organisation, or to host a clinician, healthcare provider, or collaborator from industry or academia.
Applications to this scheme must support the development of innovation skills and/or the progress technologies towards clinical application.
Secondment support on offer
We can provide:
- guidance and advice pre-application
- help identifying a placement suited to your needs
- an introduction to academics in other institutions
- contact with clinicians
- help to identify an industry specialist
- up to £2500 to cover the cost of travel and accommodation
Outgoing secondments provide an opportunity for academics, researchers, research students to broaden their experience, supporting:
- The acquisition of new knowledge and skills
- The development of new collaborations
- Access to unique laboratories and facilities
- Technology progression
Host organisations can include:
- Hospitals and other healthcare providers – supporting insight into clinical needs
- Industrial companies and enterprises – providing an appreciation of commercial priorities, market drivers, health economics, manufacturing constraints
- Innovation teams – offering knowledge and expertise in progressing medical technology opportunities
- UK or international laboratories – providing training, access to equipment, and opportunities to develop collaborations
- Technology intermediaries, including regulatory bodies
An incoming secondment may be more suited to your needs: allowing academics and researchers to host clinicians, industrialists or innovation specialists at their institutions.
Contact Mohua Siddique.
How to apply
For further details, eligibility criteria and deadlines, download the Translate MedTech Secondment Scheme Guidelines and EOI Form.
Applications to be submitted by 12pm 3 April 2020.
About Translate MedTech
The Translate MedTech programme is a partnership of universities in the Leeds and Sheffield City Regions with world-class expertise in the development of new medical technologies. Translate’s mission is to establish a sustainable community of academic, industry and clinical partners that are connected and committed to working in partnership to deliver a strong local economy and patient benefits.