Get funding for ideas to address COVID-19
Proposals are invited for short-term projects addressing and mitigating the health, social, economic, cultural and environmental impacts of the COVID-19 outbreak.
UKRI will support excellent proposals of 12-18 months duration which meet at least one of the following:
- new research or innovation with a clear impact pathway that has the potential (within the period of the grant) to deliver a significant contribution to the understanding of, and response to, the COVID-19 pandemic and its impacts.
- supports the manufacture and/or wide scale adoption of an intervention with significant potential
- gathers critical data and resources quickly for future research use
If a grant is awarded, UKRI will provide funding at 80% of the full economic cost (fEC).
Who can apply
Proposals will be accepted from anyone who is normally eligible to apply for UKRI funding. You will need to show that you can start work within 4 weeks of the funding being confirmed.
Researchers holding existing UKRI standard grants can apply to switch their funding to address the objectives of this call.
Only one active bid can be under submission from a researcher or business at any time.
How to apply
To apply you need to:
- Fill in the application form (Word, 54KB)
- Email your form to CV19researchinnovation@ukri.org