Translate MedTech is offering three fully-paid places (ordinarily valued at $5000 per person) on the upcoming London Biomedical Innovation and Entrepreneurship Certificate Programme to qualifying academics from the Universities of Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Sheffield Hallam and York. The places are being offered in partnership with the Institute of Biomedical Entrepreneurship
The course takes place between 1 April – 5 April 2019, and offers successful applicants the opportunity to receive 45 hours of direct mentorship from highly successful industry leaders with decades of experience in creating commercial biomedical technology start-ups.
Attending researchers and innovators will:
- Learn how to develop ideas into commercial successes, including the major components of a full-cycle development process;
- Analyse and validate the commercial potential of their research, and evaluate potential start-up opportunities for personal involvement;
- Be provided with access to resources for developing their ideas and pursuing validated opportunities into commercial development;
- Leave capable of beginning the implementation process on ideas that merit development.
Dr Farshid Sefat was one of three successful applicants that was selected to attend the previous Translate funded IBE course. After attending, Dr Sefat said: “The Biomedical Innovation and Entrepreneurship certificate programme was an excellent opportunity for me as a young lecturer to gain insight and useful information about the commercialisation of any medical product.”
“Through the course, I met great people from the IBE team and they provided excellent service to every participant. After meeting new people from academia and industry a new collaboration formed”
Who can apply to attend the course?
Applicants must be permanent academic staff or post-doctoral researchers (we are not able to offer places to PhD students or postdoctoral researchers) based at any one of the Universities of Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Sheffield Hallam and York.
When must applications be submitted by?
The deadline for applications is 18 March 2018 at 12pm
Email email@example.com with:
- Your CV;
- 500 words explaining why you believe you should attend and what you hope to achieve by completing the course.