Secondment opportunity: PeopleDotCom Ltd
Are you a PhD student or post-doctoral researcher interested in startups, scaleups and digital health? Do you have an interest in mapping and coding?
Translate MedTech are offering the opportunity to work with PeopleDotCom Ltd. They are seeking a PhD student, post-doctoral researcher or early career academic who is interested in mapping the digital health ecosystem.
The successful candidate will support PeopleDotCom in:
● interviewing digital start-up companies
● mapping and creating an architecture for how to navigate the digital ecosystem
● developing a specification for creating a marketplace and automating elements of the system for a digital platform to help companies get market ready
The successful candidate will have a systematic logical mindset, the ability to map systems and relationships within them, and be able to create a codified map as the starting point for a platform specification. The individual will be equally happy to work autonomously and as part of a small highly dedicated team. Basic knowledge of and/or interest in the digital health ecosystem is an advantage but not essential. Basic IT and research skills, as well as the ability to interact with different stakeholders (e.g. NHS, services users, industry, University) are expected as a minimum.
This opportunity is available at 1-3 days per week for up to three months and can be completed via remote and face-to-face collaboration – flexible to the applicant’s needs and COVID restrictions. The primary location of PeopleDotCom is London with a secondary base in Leeds. Up to £2,500 is available to cover travel, accommodation and subsistence costs as required.
Support will be provided to the secondee by other members of the PeopleDotCom team, particularly the Managing Director.
Completed applications should be sent to email@example.com by 12pm Monday 28 June.
About PeopleDotCom Ltd
PeopleDotCom Ltd is a digital health consultancy working with the NHS, startups, academia and other system partners. The company was founded by Dr Victoria Betton. An author and public speaker, Victoria specialises in digital strategy, policy and transformation for social impact. She is a qualified social worker and coach with 20+ years’ experience in local government, third sector and the NHS. She previously founded mHabitat, a successful NHS hosted digital health consultancy and Co>Space North, tech for good collaboration space. Her current positions include:
• Managing director – PeopleDotCom Ltd
• Chief Innovation Officer – Mindwave Ventures Ltd
• HIMSS UK Advisory Board – member
• techUK Health and Care Council – vice chair
• techUK/NHSD/NHSx User-centred Design Group – co-chair
• Grow MedTech Advisory Board – member
• NHSE Clinical Entrepreneur Programme & NHS Digital Academy mentor
• Solace charity trustee & Hackney Quest volunteer.
Victoria has created Six-Steps as a startup to help digital health innovators navigate the digital health ecosystem and access the help they need to get to market.
If you have any questions, please contact Victoria Betton firstname.lastname@example.org