Supporting people affected by dementia to live independently at home
Panel discussion with:
- Michael Andrews, Person living with dementia and member of the University of Bradford Experts by Experience group
- Vicki Connell, Occupational therapist, Bradford City and North Community Mental Health Team for Older People
- Prof Richard Fortinsky, International advisor for the Doctoral Training Centre in Dementia Care, University of Bradford
- Prof Murna Downs, Co-investigator on project promoting independence at home, University of Bradford
The event will be co-chaired by
- Clare Mason, University of Bradford Experts by Experience lead
- Prof Gail Mountain, Director of the Centre for Applied Dementia Studies, University of Bradford
The panel will address the following questions:
- What ‘works’ from the perspective of people affected by dementia?
- What research is going on in this field?
- What do professionals do to help?
Delegates from any background are welcome to come and join the discussion. There will be an opportunity for networking, tea and coffee at 4.30.