Transforming Lives Through Innovation Conference
Join the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN, NHS colleagues and industry innovators at an annual conference to discuss how collaboration can help meet the challenges of the NHS Long Term Plan, be introduced to new innovations and learn about the work the Yorkshire & Humber AHSN have underway to improve the health and prosperity of the region.
The Transforming Lives Through Innovation Conference is an opportunity for delegates to:
- Discuss important health and care priorities and opportunities for the region in break-out sessions on ‘Patient Flow & Winter Pressures,’ ‘Transforming Mental Healthcare Through Innovation,’ ‘Improving Patient Safety Through Culture Change’ and ‘Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care.’
- Network with NHS colleagues and industry innovators from across the region.
- Get an update on Yorkshire & Humber AHSN’s progress and achievements over the past year and help to shape their future priorities.
- Meet selected innovators who’ve been chosen to take part in Propel@YH, Yorkshire’s first digital health accelerator.
In the afternoon, delegates will be able to choose between one of four break-out sessions:
- Patient Flow & Winter Pressures
In this session you’ll be introduced to new innovations that are helping to achieve improved patient flow and combat winter pressures. As well as presenting new innovations (e.g. from the AAC and ITP), the discussion will help stimulate feedback from the delegates about how effective they believe the innovations are and any missing innovations which they’d like to see. The workshop will also feature the ‘relaunch’ of the Innovation Exchange Portal which is being redeveloped to make it more user friendly and intuitive for partners.
- Transforming Mental Healthcare Through Innovation
The workshop will demonstrate innovations available in mental healthcare and the opportunities they present.
- Improving Patient Safety Through Culture Change
The workshop will provide an opportunity to learn from leading researchers in culture change. Discussion will lead to improved understanding and enhanced practice in improving patient safety through culture change. The content will include a series of case studies where safety culture has been instilled. The workshop will also feature a ‘live’ environment for delegates to experience a ‘Safety Huddle.’
- Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care
The session will focus on the patient’s view of NHS systems and services. Whilst it’s important to gauge the views of key NHS-related stakeholders, it’s equally important to listen to ‘the patient.’ This session will run in conjunction with Healthwatch Leeds to showcase work being undertaken to fulfil Healthwatch’s mission of “Putting People’s Voices at the Centre of Care,” and help capture public views on the best way to drive this work forward.