This course will be delivered by the trainers virtually as two 3-hour sessions which will take place on Tuesday 2 March 2021 (9:30am – 12:30pm) and Wednesday 3 March (9:30am – 12:30pm). Click the link below to register your place for the course.
This course, delivered as two 3-hour sessions across two separate days, will teach delegates how to deliver medtech presentations in an engaging way. This course will be especially beneficial to anyone whose role involves public engagement, presenting project outcomes with lots of data or attracting investment.
Open to academics, researchers, clinicians and industry representatives, by attending the course you will:
- Gain a good understanding of what effective communication is and compare the benefits of using different communication methods
- Be able to identify different stakeholders in your project and understand what information is relevant to them
- Consider how you can diversify your content using visual communication to make your presentation more engaging
Day 1 – Tuesday 2 March 2021, 9:30am – 12:30pm
- What good communication is
- Academics and communicating your work effectively
- Identifying your project stakeholders
Day 2 – Wednesday 3 March 2020, 9:30am – 12:30pm
- Targeting your message
- Using visual communication for complex ideas and data
- Practical tips for in house sustainable visual design
The training course will be run by EatFishDesign
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Please note in order to ensure all participants get the maximum out of the course by registering you are committing to attending the full duration of the course over both days.
This course will be delivered by the trainer remotely via video conferencing software. Information about how to join the conferencing call will be emailed to everyone that has registered.
Free to staff and postgraduate research students at Translate partner universities (Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Sheffield Hallam and York).
Places for industry and clinical representatives are available at a cost of £45, please email Mohua Siddique (M.Siddique@leeds.ac.uk) to secure your ticket.
About the trainer
EatFishDesign is an award-winning communications consultancy based in Leeds, they specialise in presenting complex, technical information in an engaging and accessible way.
Started in 2015, they have extensive experience of working with research groups, university spin-outs, and medical and engineering SMEs.