Translate MedTech – Intellectual Property for Medical Technologies
This course, delivered virtually as a 3-hour session will provide you with the information to confidently protect your technology, understand the differences between types of intellectual property, what kind of protection your technology might need and what the process is to obtaining these.
Open to academics, researchers, clinicians and industry representatives, by attending the course you will:
- Learn what is intellectual property
- Learn what are patents, trademarks, designs and copyright
- Learn about the ownership of intellectual property
9 March 2021, 9:30am – 12:30pm
- What is intellectual property?
- patents, trademarks, designs and copyright: the difference between patents, trademarks, copyrights and designs, and what protections they offer
- ownership of intellectual property: Who owns what when you have a patent, trademark, design or copyright and what are novelty requirements
The training course will be run by John McDonough, Patent and Trade Mark Attorney at Hepworth Browne.
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. This course will be delivered by the trainer remotely via video conferencing software. Information about how to join the conferencing call will be emailed to everyone that has registered.
Free to staff and postgraduate research students at Translate partner universities (Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Sheffield Hallam and York).
Places for industry and clinical representatives are available at a cost of £45, please email Mohua Siddique (M.Siddique@leeds.ac.uk) to secure your ticket.
Book now to avoid disappointment.
About the trainer
John McDonough has over twenty years’ experience in private practice and is a partner at Hepworth Browne. John is qualified both as a patent attorney and trade mark attorney. On the patents side John has extensive experience in patent drafting and prosecution, particularly in the fields of electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, medical devices and software. John has extensive experience in the training of patent attorneys and sets one of the qualifying papers for UK patent attorneys on behalf of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.