Are you developing a medical technology but are unsure of the next steps regarding intellectual property?
This half day training course will provide you with the information to confidently protect your technology, understand the differences between types of intellectual property, what kind of protection your technology might need and what the process is to obtaining these.
This training course will cover:
- What is intellectual property?
- Patents, trademarks, designs and copyright
- Ownership of intellectual property
By the end of the day you will:
- Understand the difference between patents, trademarks, copyrights and designs, and what protections they offer
- How Brexit might affect your intellectual property
- Who owns what when you have a patent, trademark, design or copyright
- Novelty requirements
This training course will be run by John McDonough, Patent and Trade Mark Attorney at Hepworth Browne.
Open to staff and postgraduate research students at Translate partner universities only (Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, and York).
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Book now to avoid disappointment.
John McDonough has over twenty years’ experience in private practice and is a partner at Hepworth Browne. John is qualified both as a patent attorney and trade mark attorney. On the patents side John has extensive experience in patent drafting and prosecution, particularly in the fields of electrical and electronic engineering, mechanical engineering, medical devices and software. John has extensive experience in the training of patent attorneys and sets one of the qualifying papers for UK patent attorneys on behalf of the Chartered Institute of Patent Attorneys.