Translate MedTech – NHS strategy and adoption/market assessment
This course will be delivered by the trainers virtually as two 3-hour sessions which will take place on Monday 22 and Tuesday 23 November (9:30am-12:30pm).
This course, delivered as two 3-hour sessions across two separate days, will look at how to start innovating in the NHS context, and will provide you with the practical tools to assess your research for potential in a healthcare setting.
Using real case studies, we’ll explore how innovation works in the NHS, the opportunities and potential pitfalls to avoid when developing your research into something that can benefit patients.
Open to academics, researchers, clinicians and industry representatives, after attending the course you will be able to:
• Understand the innovation landscape in which the NHS works and the key stakeholders
• Understand the process by which new products and services are developed
• Be able to assess clinical unmet need and research potential existing solutions
• Make efficient and appropriate use of creativity tools to scope your solution using need criteria
• Produce an informed summary of your idea to start gathering support (within your organisation and with potential customers/consumers)
• What is innovation and what is it in the NHS?
• The NHS innovation landscape and barriers to innovation
• How the development process works and the stages involved
• Genuine unmet clinical need – what is it and how to identify and characterise it
• What’s out there already? (market assessment)
• Scoping solutions – the creative process
• Taking stock – innovation disclosure
• Gaining support – understanding the help available and key people to engage with
The training course will be run by Lindsay Georgopoulos of Medipex Ltd.
Spaces are limited and registration is essential. Please note in order to ensure all participants get the maximum out of the course by registering you are committing to attending the full duration of the course over both days.
This course will be delivered by the trainer remotely via video conferencing software. Information about how to join the conferencing call will be emailed to everyone that has registered.
The training is free to staff and postgraduate research students at Translate partner universities (Bradford, Huddersfield, Leeds, Leeds Beckett, Sheffield Hallam and York). Places for industry and clinical representatives are available at a cost of £45, please email Kelly Broadbent (K.L.Broadbent@leeds.ac.uk) to secure your ticket.
Book now to avoid disappointment
About Medipex Ltd
Medipex is the regional NHS Innovation Hub for the Yorkshire & Humber region helping NHS staff commercialise their ideas and innovations.
About the trainer
Lindsay has managed a wide range of medical-related technology transfer projects since 2009, working across the NHS, academic and private sectors. Lindsay joined Medipex in July 2014 to support management of the pipeline of NHS innovation projects involving the identification and assessment of new innovations, exploring the IP landscape and market, securing IP protection and the development and management of project plans to successfully take new medical technologies to market in conjunction with commercial partners. In May 2021 Lindsay took over as CEO and now leads the Medipex team to support innovators from the NHS, University and Industry sectors to develop novel healthcare innovations with the ultimate aim of delivering patient benefit.