Virtual Northern MedTech Summit: Rethinking MedTech Collaborations
The Virtual Northern MedTech Summit 2021 is an exciting initiative powered by National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Surgical MedTech Co-operative, the Northern Health Science Alliance (NHSA) and Empact Ventures.
It aims to showcase and raise awareness of the North’s position as a MedTech cluster for public and private sector organisations of all sizes while encouraging new collaborations to address the challenges in the healthcare sector today and tomorrow.
The event is open any individual, professional, academic, researchers, clinicians, tech startup, scale-up, SME, corporate, funder or patient who will be super connected by Empact Ventures to people, organisations and opportunities to address their challenges, needs and interests.
The collective goals of the summit are:
- To showcase the North as a leading MedTech Cluster by raising awareness of its world-class infrastructure, support and networks available
- To foster new collaborations within and across the North and beyond
- To focus on building a stronger foundation in a post-COVID-19 world to future-proof the UK Healthcare System
- To create and stimulate new discussions around the challenges, trends and needs in today’s new normal
- To bring new perspectives and approaches from other industries to the healthcare sector