I am the Communications and Engagement Manager for Medical Technologies at the University of Leeds, the single gateway to the full capability of research and translation in medical technologies at the University, comprising of several high profile, multi-partner programmes and initiatives: both national and regional.
I am responsible for developing communications and marketing forward plans to meet business objectives through planning, organising and motivating groups or teams to support the delivery of engagement projects. I enjoy the challenge of writing for scientific audiences and my passion is in finding ways to present information in a contemporary, engaging and creative way that blazes a trail in the sector and captures the attention of our partners and stakeholders.
Between 2008 and 2014, I started my own brand of jewellery design which made the shelves of Selfridges, London, was worn by celebrities in TV appearances, and featured in national fashion magazines.
- The Medical Technologies Innovation and Knowledge Centre (IKC) and Regener8, a £13m national programme that brings businesses together with world-class experts to accelerate the commercial development of new regenerative device products and services
- MeDe Innovation (The EPSRC Centre for Innovative Manufacturing in Medical Devices), a £9m government-backed initiative to transform the way replacement joints and other medical implants are designed and manufactured
- Translate, a HEFCE (now Office for Students) Catalyst funded programme to improve health and wealth in the Leeds City Region by translating academic ideas into new medical technologies
- Strategic communications planning
- Communications project management
- Content production
- Professional communities development
I have a keen interest in evolving digital platforms for communications and content development. To keep my knowledge and skills up to date, I have a travel blog so that I can learn new tactics for reaching new audiences through channels I might not for medical technologies innovation.