Researchers developing medical technologies can apply for support and funding to gain fresh insights from new environments.
Translate MedTech has funding to support up to 10 secondments to enable researchers to temporarily take up a role in a complementary organisation, or host a clinician, healthcare provider, or collaborator from industry or academia.
Applications to this scheme must support the development of innovation skills and/or progress medical technologies towards clinical application.
Secondment support on offer
We are hosting secondment surgeries at each of the partner universities where you can find out more about the scheme.
We can provide:
- guidance and advice pre-application
- help identifying a placement suited to your needs
- an introduction to academics in other institutions
- contact with clinicians
- help to identify an industry specialist
- up to £2500 to cover the cost of travel and accommodation
Outgoing secondments provide an opportunity for academics, researchers, research students to broaden their experience, supporting:
- The acquisition of new knowledge and skills
- The development of new collaborations
- Access to unique laboratories and facilities
- Technology progression
To support researchers in applying for a secondment, Translate MedTech are running secondment surgeries across each of its six partner universities throughout September and October.
These 30 minute sessions give researchers the opportunity to discuss the scheme and whether you might be able to benefit with an innovation specialist.
To book a slot at your university with a member of our team or to find out more about the surgeries, click here:
Host organisations can include:
- Hospitals and other healthcare providers – supporting insight into clinical needs
- Industrial companies and enterprises – providing an appreciation of commercial priorities, market drivers, health economics, manufacturing constraints
- Innovation teams – offering knowledge and expertise in progressing medical technology opportunities
- UK or international laboratories – providing training, access to equipment, and opportunities to develop collaborations
- Technology intermediaries, including regulatory bodies
An incoming secondment may be more suited to your needs: allowing academics and researchers to host clinicians, industrialists or innovation specialists at their institutions.
How to apply
For further details, eligibility criteria and deadlines, complete the Translate MedTech Secondment Scheme Guidelines and EOI Form.
Contact Mohua Siddique: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Applications to be submitted by 12pm, 18 October 2019.